Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ratatouille Miscellaneous

And we continue with Ratatouille!!!

This isn't quite the last post for Ratatouille. This is for all the extra stuff that accompanied the cake (like cupcakes and cake pops). But i promise that this post will be super small. Especially since most of the cupcake stuff is already done (;

Usually just the cake is suffice, but since I was doing the whole cake table for the party, I went all out with it (:

Now, I'm sure you all remember the veggies and the cooking tools from my first few posts. Well, the veggies got spread around between the cakes, the board (you'll see that on the next Ratatouille post ;D), and the cupcakes. And the cooking tools all went on the cupcakes (:

So once you know how to make the veggies and the cooking tools, making these cupcakes is easy peasy. All I did was use the Tip 1M to create the swirly effect on the cupcakes. It's very simple. You start on one end of the cupcake and you work your way around the edge, moving towards the center. As you move with the tip, keep squeezing, and once you reach the center, release and pull up. Now, I like just doing this one layer, but Wilton teaches to do a second layer. You can see their instructions here. The way they do the first layer is the same way I do mine, except I squeeze more to make more icing come out and make the center larger.

Once I had my pretty swirl, I squished the tip with one of my veggies or cooking tools. So my cupcakes looked all pretty and Ratatouille-y like


Here's a close up


Another one:


I took the bowls and put icing in them too, to make it look like there was actually food in there, and it doubled as something to make the spoons stick.

Here's our last close up of the cupcakes (:


But cupcakes aren't all that were made! Cake pops made a scene too!

Instead of using regular chocolate to dip my cake pops in, I used colored chocolate* to make pretty red pops.


And to keep with the Ratatouille theme, I cut out some little fondant leaves and glued them on the pops to make pretty tomato pops



And those were our tomato pops! =)

That's it for this post folks, stay tuned for the ultimate Ratatouille finale!!!!




*I don't know how you make brown chocolate into red, so I just went ahead and bought already colored chocolate. But if you're gonna use white chocolate or vanilla, try coloring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment