Friday, April 8, 2011

Connecting the Dots... Er, I mean the fondant.

This is going to be a very quick, very short post.

I'm just going to give you the quick and easy two-step product... er process... to making your fondant stick.




If you've ever played with fondant then you know that making two molded pieces stick together seems impossible. Well, it's not.

Allow me to introduce you to the one, the only.... 


GUMPASTE GLUE!!!


It's quick to make and easy to use! Everything you need to make your fondant stick together in one small container!


Product sold for $19.99 at all nearby Brunna's Bakery location.






As much as I'd love to make 20 bucks off of all of you, how about I just tell you how to make it? Like that better? (;

Well, like I said, it's two easy steps. First, you need just a little wittle bit of water. Just a teaspoon or too.

Courtesy of Central Basin

Then you get a little tiny piece of gumpaste*

Courtesy of Sugar Craft

And you add it to the water in a small little bowl. Then you mix it all together and you that it's the best gumpaste glue out there (:

All that's left to do is apply** the glue to the fondant whenever you want to stick two pieces together. Now isn't that easy? (:





*Which really does cost 20 dollars a bag, but it's worth it. I bought my bag of gumpaste in November and I still have a decent amount left. And I use it A LOT.
**Just a little bit though, because it is made with water, and fondant is like the Wicked Witch of the West, it melts with water. So just put the glue where you want it to stick, or else you're gonna have a glob of mushy fondant.

No comments:

Post a Comment