Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Cake Purse... #2

Spring break is over and school is back in session! I've had so much homework the past few days that I've been too bust to finish the posts =o But fear not, I am here and we shall continue baking!!!

And we're back to purses!!! 
Sorry boys, I know things have been a little girly, but how about a football cake sometime soon? Sound good to you? (:

Anywho, remember this guy?


He's back and ready for action!

Just as a reminder, we carved a frozen and thawed round yellow cake, and we put it on its side then 'iced' it with ganache. The next step is to cover it with fondant.


Hehe, it looks like the little ghost from Pacman! Maybe that'll be my next cake XD
Anyways, not all of it is so pretty...


But that's the wonderful thing about fondant, mistakes like that are easily fixed with.... more fondant! So later on while decorating, I'll make sure to make a design that covers up that piece of ugly.
My last purse was a zipper purse, so I wanna make this one a little different, so I'm putting a flap on it. I think button purses are cute (:



Here's my flap (: I like to make things more than just one color, so I went with my two favorite colors, purple and blue (: So the purse itself is blue, and the details will be purple.

And like with any cake, we need a border to hide the bottom. I just bought these cute sugar pearls, so I decide to try them out.


I spaced them out a centimeter between each one. I used a ruler so they wouldn't be all over the place and drive me crazy with OCD. That's just a long (LONG) strip of purple fondant, long enough to cover the entire border of the cake. So this part got to be a little tedious...
Meanwhile, I needed a handle for my purse, so I grabbed another strip of fondant, folded it in half, poofy-like, glued it, then came along with the ridged pizza cutter (this time I got a picture of it ;D) and made some seams in it.


I have pretty much everything I'll need to glue on the purse by now, so I need stuff for the board. To decorate my board and make it prettyful, I made these cuties.


Aren't they pretty? I initially wanted them to be hibiscuses, but I couldn't them quite right. But there are soooo many flowers on this planet that I'm sure one day someone will discover these right here. So if it's one of you guys who discovers it, remember me and know that I dreamed of it before it was discovered. So name it after me! (;

And of course, all these beautiful goodies need an equally pretty board. I used a slightly lighter purple to cover the board and a pretty ribbon to cover the sides.



Hey look! It's Remy!!! Let's get a closer look at our little buddy here


Looking good buddy! 
He's still healing after his recent fall out with his arm. We had to brace his arm, but very soon he'll be back and ready for action! Just hang in there Remy, you'll be on a cake soon!

Ahem, now back to our current cake.

Let's start piecing things together. First off, we need to put the purse on the board. Then we can arrange the flowers nicely on the board to make it look nice. Also, our purse is missing a button. But that's quickly remedied with a bit of fondant and a cookie cutter. Ooo, and a pearl!


Isn't it cute?? And Remy is still there in the background watching us work (:

Only thing missing is the handle


Here we go (: Just leave some paper towels there, holding it up. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture without the handle, so this is about as good as the final product I have


Use your imaginations for the handle (;

And that's all for now folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment